New Uber Credit Card Better Than Expected
Uber finally launched its long teased credit card. They've partnered with Barclaycard, and it's better than most thought it would be. While the sign-up bonus is nothing to turn your head for, nor is it a great travel card, it is a great cash back card with no annual fee.
Here's the breakdown of benefits:
- Sign-up bonus: Earn $100 after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- 4% back on restaurants, takeout and bars, including UberEATS
- 3% back on airfare, hotels and vacation home rentals
- 2% back on online purchases including Uber, online shopping, and video and music streaming services
- 1% back on all other purchases
- Up to $50 credit for online subscription services after spending $5,000 on the card per year
- Receive invites to exclusive events and offers in select U.S. cities.
- Up to $600 mobile phone insurance for damage and theft when the card is used to pay the monthly mobile phone bill
All-in-all it seems to be quite a competitive cash-back card. 4% back on restaurants is the best you can get with no annual fee, and the cell phone insurance is pretty great too. My suggestion, if you have a credit application to burn, is to go ahead and apply for this card. It's a decent one.